Information we collect and how we collect it:
Information collected automatically: When you use Hairrible, we may collect but do not store certain information about your computer or mobile device and your activities. This information includes:
- Offline Collection. We also collect information offline, where we also try to protect the privacy of your personal information. One example involves someone calling us to place an order or to ask questions. When someone calls, we will ask only for the personal information we need in order to place the order or to answer the question. Another example involves faxes. If you fax something to us, we will act upon the fax and then either store it in a locked repository or we will shred the fax if there is no need to retain the information. There are other ways we could learn of personal information offline (for example, we suppose someone could send us a letter including some return address information), and this Policy doesn’t discuss or try to predict all of those methods or uses.
Information you choose to provide:
Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you submit a story to Hairrible, you must provide certain information, including your name, email address, mobile phone number.
Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Service or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address(es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, we may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we use the personal information to contact you.
Emails: We require an email address from you when you submit a story with Hairrible. We use your email for “administrative” (e.g., confirming your story) purposes. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to Hairrible such as service announcements, without affording you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
How we use the information
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about Hairrible and related offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities; and
- Provide, maintain, and improve Hairrible and our overall business;
- Process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve our Site’s content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you);
- Assist you in buying products and provide customer service to you by providing your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers.
Sharing Your Information
The information we collect is used to improve the content and the quality of Hairrible, and without your consent we will not otherwise share your personal information to/with any other party(s) for commercial purposes, except: (a) to provide Hairrible, (b) when we have your permission, or (c) or under the following instances:
Service Providers. We may share your information with our third-party service providers that support various aspects of our business operations (e.g., analytics providers, security and technology providers, and payment processors).
Legal Disclosures and Business Transfers. We may disclose any information without notice or consent from you: (a) in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; (b) to investigate or report illegal activity; or (c) to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of any or all of our assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Aggregate Data. We may combine non-PII (non-personal identifiable information) we collect with additional non-PII collected from other sources for our blog. We also may share aggregated, non-PII with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis
Third Party Sites
Hairrible may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
We do not target or allow persons under the minimum age of eligibility age to use Hairrible, and we do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of the minimum age. “Minimum Age” means (a) 18 years old for the People’s Republic of China, (b) 16 years old for the Netherlands, (c) 14 years old for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea, and (d) 13 years old for all other countries. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for the Company to lawfully provide the Services to you (including the collection, storage and use of your information) then the Minimum Age is such older age. The Services are not for use by anyone under the Minimum Age. By registering to the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least our Minimum Age.
If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us at email@example.com, and we will promptly delete such information from our files.
Securing Your Personal Information
We endeavor to safeguard personal information to ensure that information is kept private. However, please be aware that unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, the inherent insecurity of the Internet and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information at any time. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Using Hairrible from outside the United States
How to contact us: